Using the geoportal.dolnyslask.pl website is tantamount to the acceptance of these Regulations without restrictions and reservations.
- For the purposes of these Regulations, the following terms shall have the following meaning:
- Regulations – the rules, scope and terms and conditions of using the www.geoportal.dolnyslask.pl website.
- Geoportal of Spatial Information Infrastructure, hereinafter referred to as the “Lower Silesia Geoportal” – a website created and administered by the Marshal’s Office of the Province of Lower Silesia (hereinafter referred to as the “Service Provider”) as a point of access to services referred to in Article 9 (1) of the Act of 4 March 2010 on infrastructure for spatial information (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1472), available at the following address: geoportal.dolnyslask.pl
- Infrastructure for spatial information – metadata, spatial data sets and the related services, technical means, processes and procedures that are used and shared by leading authorities, other administration bodies and third parties that co-create the infrastructure for spatial information.
- Spatial data – data referring directly or indirectly to a specific location or geographical area.
- Spatial data services – operations which may be performed by invoking computer software on the spatial data contained in spatial data sets or on the related metadata.
- E-service – a service provided electronically via telecommunications network, including computer network (e.g. the Internet), using information technology; the provision of e-services is automated and requires little human participation.
- Metadata of spatial information infrastructure - information that describes spatial data sets and spatial data services and makes it possible to find, inventory and use these data and services.
- Administration body – government administration authority or local government unit or other entity appointed by virtue of law or authorized under agreements to perform public tasks related to the environment.
- User – an individual, a corporate, an administrative body or organizational unit without legal personality, which uses the Lower Silesia Geoportal resources (it does not apply to e-service of ordering data and maps from provincial geodetic and cartographic resource).
- Authorized User – an individual, a corporate, an administrative body or organizational unit without legal personality which uses the Lower Silesia Geoportal resources upon the registration in the system (it does not apply to e-service of ordering data and maps from provincial geodetic and cartographic resource).
I. General information
- Access to spatial data set and services is defined by:
1) the Act of 17 May 1989 – Geodetic and Cartographic Law (Journal of Laws of 2017, item 2101, as amended);
2) the Act of 4 March 2010 on Infrastructure for Spatial Information (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1472);
3) the Act of 17 February 2005 on Computerization of Activities of Entities Performing Public Tasks (Journal of Laws of 2017, item 570);
- These Regulations define the rules, scope and conditions of using geoportal.dolnyslask.pl by the Users.
- The Users are obliged to read the Regulations before using the Lower Silesia Geoportal. Acknowledgement of the reading the Regulations is tantamount to their understanding and acceptance.
- The Users are obliged to use the Lower Silesia Geoportal in a manner consistent with applicable law, social and moral standards and the provisions hereof.
II. Types and scope of services provided
- Spatial data services made available in the Lower Silesia Geoportal consist of:
1) searching service that allows the Users to search for spatial data sets and services based on the content of the corresponding metadata and is also used to display the metadata;
2) browsing service that allows the Users to view the sets, navigate them, zoom in and out, move or overlap them and is also used to display explanations of cartographic symbols and metadata content;
3) downloading service that allows the User to download copies of sets or their parts and, when it is feasible, has direct access to these sets.
- Access to searching and browsing services is public and free of charge.
- Available e-services:
1) e-service of sharing data from Provincial Databases allows the Users to order a data set from Provincial Databases;
2) e-service of handling reports on the quality of data from the State Geodetic and Cartographic Resources (provincial) and from Provincial Databases allows the Users to report any irregularities regarding data from the State Geodetic and Cartographic Resources (provincial) and from Provincial Databases made available in digital form;
3) e-service of handling reports on irregularities in the operation of land improvement devices in a given area allows the Users to report any irregularities in the operation of land improvement devices from the Province of Lower Silesia;
4) e-service of drawing a map module or a map allows the Users to draw their own map, and then submit it to the Lower Silesia Geoportal for sharing;
5) e-service of ordering data and maps from provincial geodetic and cartographic resources is available through the website mapy.dolnyslask.pl.
The use of materials coming from provincial geodetic and cartographic resources requires that the Provincial Centre for Geodetic and Cartographic Documentation make them available for a fee set in Article 40a of the Act of 17 May 1989 – Geodetic and Cartographic Law (Journal of Laws 2017, item 2101, as amended). Detailed scope and mode of data sharing is specified in the Regulation of the Minister of Administration and Digitization of 9 July 2014 on sharing the state resources of surveying and cartographic resources, granting licenses and the Payment Calculation Template (Journal of Laws of 2014, item 917) and in the Regulation of the Minister of Administration and Digitization of 5 September 2013 on organization and mode of the state surveying and cartographic resource management (Journal of Laws of 2013, item 1183), while the amount of fees is specified in the appendix to the Act of 17 May 1989 – Geodetic and Cartographic Law (Journal of Laws of 2017, item 2101, as amended).
III. Terms and conditions of using data and services.
- The rules for using e-services available on the Lower Silesia Geoportal are as follows:
1) In order to use e-services available on the Lower Silesia Geoportal the Users must register first. The Users are required to provide their data in the registration form, truthfully and accurately. The Users shall not share their authorization data with third parties.
2) The Service Provider is not responsible for data, maps and other information used or entered by the Users with tools available on the Lower Silesia Geoportal. The Users shall be responsible for such data, maps and other information.
3) The Users are required to exercise due diligence so that the information they provided is accurate. In especially applies to e-services of handling reports and to the Users’ data and maps.
- Sharing data sets from Provincial Databases is free of charge. Such data sets are made available to the Authorized Users (an order must be placed first).
- Data from Provincial Databases can be used when the following conditions are met:
1) each registered User may place an order for data from Provincial Databases; permission to use these data is granted to all interested parties, but further dissemination of data to third parties is prohibited.
2) After receiving data, the User undertakes to:
- provide the following information:
Marshal’s Office of the Province of Lower Silesia
Land Surveyor of the Province - Department of Geodesy and Cartography
- inform potential users that the Land Surveyor of the Province of Lower Silesia is an authority competent for matters related to data sharing.
3) By placing an order for data from Provincial Databases, the Users confirm that they have read the terms and conditions of receiving data and agree to fully comply with these requirements.
- Authorized User that filed a request for sharing new data in the Lower Silesia Geoportal (by means of e-service of drawing a map module or a map) declares that if the request is favourably considered by the Service Provider:
1) copyright to the reported resources belong to the User or constitute the Open Data and thus can be used on the Lower Silesia Geoportal. In this case, the User is required to place information or links related to the access rights or license provisions in the resource metadata;
2) Authorized User waives all copyrights to data and maps covered by the request in favour of the Service Provider;
3) Authorized User passes data, maps and the related rights on to the Service Provider free of charge;
4) Authorized User waives all present and future claims for any rights to such data, maps and the related rights.
- Should the request referred to in point III (4) be favourably considered, the Service Provider undertakes to place information about the author of data and maps provided. The information will contain the User’s name and/or last name and/or nickname. This information will be agreed with the User.
- Data and maps can be ordered from provincial geodetic and cartographic resources based on separate provisions of the Act of 17 May 1989 on Geodetic and Cartographic Law (Journal of Laws of 2017, item 2101 as amended).
- The website can be browsed only for non-profit and non-commercial purposes, exclusively for personal use specified in the Act on Copyright and Related Rights.
- The Users have no right to either multiply, sell, share or otherwise market or distribute the content of the Lower Silesia Geoportal, in whole or in parts, or to send or share it in computer systems and networks or any other IT systems.
- The Users are required to comply with the Lower Silesia Geoportal Regulations and to report events truthfully and accurately. Reporting a false event and failure to comply with the terms of the Regulations causes the User’s account to be automatically blocked. If a false report triggered a reaction from certain services (especially in the area of public safety), the reporting User will be found with the use of all available technical means and then held responsible for providing false information.
- The Service Provider, acting as the Lower Silesia Geoportal administrator, reserves the right to suspend the Authorized User’s account and to delete resources assigned to such an account if the Authorized User violates the provisions of these Regulations. Resources that had been previously transferred by one User to other Users can also be deleted, especially when there is strong suspicion that resources were transferred to a third party’s account only to avoid consequences.
IV. Technical conditions for the use of data and services
- In order to properly use the Lower Silesia Geoportal, the Users are required to:
1) have the Internet connection,
2) use a device allowing them to have access to the Internet, with a web browser that accepts cookie files and Java Script, or a mobile device using one of the following operating systems: IOS, Android.
- When using the Lower Silesia Geoportal, it is forbidden to use viruses, bots, bugs or other computer codes, scripts or programs that interrupt, destroy or limit the operation of the Lower Silesia Geoportal or technical infrastructure, or otherwise allow unauthorized use or access to technical infrastructure of the system.
V. Additional information
- Detailed information about the use of geoportal.dolnyslask.pl is available at geoportal.dolnyslask.pl in the “Help” tab. In order to obtain additional explanations or information related to the Regulations, please contact us at: email@example.com.
- The website is copyrighted, pursuant to Article 4 of the Act on Copyright and Related Rights of 4 February 1994 (Journal of Laws of 2018, item 1191 as amended), according to which: “The copyright shall not apply to:
1) legislative acts or their official projects,
2) official documents, materials, logos and symbols,
3) published patent or protection specifications,
4) simple press information.”
VII. Final provisions
- These Regulations are made available free of charge in a form that allows it to be downloaded, saved and printed.
- In matters regulated by these Regulations, the provisions of the applicable law shall apply, including in particular: the Act of 17 May 1989 – Geodetic and Cartographic Law, the Act on Infrastructure for Spatial Information, the Act on Computerization of Activities of Entities Performing Public Tasks, the Act on Copyright and Related Rights and the Civil Code.
- The Service Provider is not responsible for the lack of access to the Lower Silesia Geoportal for reasons beyond the Service Provider’s control.
- The Service Provider, for security reasons and for any other reasons beyond its control, has the right to temporarily suspend access to the Lower Silesia Geoportal for as long as it deems necessary.
- Subject to limitations resulting from the applicable law, the Service Provider is not liable for damage caused due to the Lower Silesia Geoportal use or improper operation, errors, shortages, disruptions, defects, data transmission delays, computer viruses, line or IT system damage or failure to comply with the Regulations by the Users.
- These Regulations may be amended at any time and to any extent. Amendments are effective from the moment they are published on the Lower Silesia Geoportal website. Information on amendments made to the Regulations will also be published on the website of the Department of Geodesy and Cartography of the Marshal’s Office of the Province of Lower Silesia wgik.dolnyslask.pl.
- Geoportal Lower Silesia, as a website, may contain links to websites administered by third parties.
- The Users access the links to other on-line resources at their own risk. The Service Provider does not bear any responsibility for the accuracy, validity and completeness of data contained on websites which the Users can log into through the Lower Silesia Geoportal.